For a long time, a wooden chapel stood at the place of the apparition of the Virgin Mary. The brick chapel was designed to mark the anniversary of the apparition of the Virgin Mary in Šiluva (architect A. Vivulskis). The cornerstone was consecrated by the priest and poet Maironis in 1912. The construction of the chapel was completed in 1924; its height was 44 m. Inside it, an altar was built on the stone of the Apparition, and above it, a sculpture of the Virgin Mary. All the places of the Virgin Mary’s apparition bring hope, renewal, and the graces of God.