After the uprising of 1863 – 1864, when the Catholic church that wasn’t closed, successfully survived, there was a plan to build a separate orthodox church for the Orthodox Christians, who were brought here by tsarist authorities. A. Christianovičius built a temporary church in Tytuvėnai in 1872 on his estate and the new brick Orthodox church was built in 1873 – 1875. The parish was cared for by the priests from Raseiniai and Kolainiai. The Soviet authorities sought to close this church. They wanted to turn it into a warehouse in 1947 and in 1953 they ordered to pay the debts, which the clergy were able to cover. Currently, the church is a branch of the Church of the Apostles Peter and Paul in Šiauliai. The Orthodox believe that the grace of the Holy Spirit is achieved through prayer, asceticism and intense efforts of the will.