The first church in Basilionai was built in 1749. Until 1836, there was a monastery of Basilian monks here. The current wooden church was built in 1933. The building is an example of folk architecture with rich interior. The church is famous for the sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk, which was stolen, but thanks to the grace of God returned to the church.