The first chapel in Maironiai was built by Juozas Stankevičius, a landowner from Saudininkai in 1782. In 1817 the chapel became a branch of Lyduvėnai parish. The village that appeared on the land of Saudininkai Manor in 1927 received a name of Maironiai.
The church is built in the style of folk architecture, it has a rectangular plan, a three-walled apse, and a tower. There are three altars and an 18th century painting of Three Wise Men and above it hangs a painting of a praying – and illuminated by the light of God’s grace – St. Isidore the patron saint of farmers. Instead of him, an angel is ploughing the land.